Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shed building


Auri Building the Center Roof Beam
Photo credit to Tyler

We picked up a shed package on Craigslist a few months ago. Since we didn't have any immediate need for it we stored it, planning to wait until spring to put it together. That plan was based on the fact that we wouldn't have milkers until mid-summer. 

That plan has obviously changed.:o)

So the children and I started getting it together a couple of days ago. I love how well everyone works together when there is a REAL project to complete.

One of the nice things about this is how handily it fit into Auri's 3rd Grade year. This is the Farming year, the Building year, the Old Testament year.
I've watched a lot of those things click with her as we've dealt with things lately. The "aha!" moments have been obvious to me.

If I needed proof that the Waldorf curriculum meets the child where they are then I'd have had it in this last week.

I've also watched Auri change with it. I've noticed the indicators that we need to move forward with 4th grade. She's going to be ten in April. I don't know where the time went.

Ronan handed out the screws, bolts, and nuts. Auri and Tyler helped me with the actual building. 
These children are amazing, and I'm so very Blessed to have their 'slave labor'......I mean.....
help.

Love you guys!! Thank you for all of your hard work!


1 comment:

Tan Family said...

What a wonderful project, and it aligns beautifully with the Waldorf curriculum! :)

Thank you for your comment on our blog. When I went to click on "publish", the page was still scrolling and I accidentally hit "delete". I apologize for that. You are welcome to leave another comment if you have time and I'll be sure to keep it! :)