Friday, January 21, 2011

The Entry

My last "Painting".

A couple of months ago when I painted the kitchen and entry I turned a panels into a makeshift canvas. I like how it doesn't take much to make me happy. Give me a bottle of paint and let me do what I wish with it and it will make me smile for months. (Then, there's always another bottle of paint around here somewhere to change it up if I need it.)

There is something so primitive about making circles. Something that brings out a strangely sophisticated child like feeling as I use several colors to build colors and texture. 

Fine art?
Not even close.:o)

But it fills the creative need I have without me freaking out over trying to build an "Important Painting".
I like to paint as long as there's no pressure.

 This sign used to hang outside the Farmhouse.
 Now it fits perfectly in our entry.

I still have a lot to do in the entry, but it's starting to come together. The nifty shoe holder thingys from IKEA are WONDERFUL. I wish I'd made the drive to pick them up a year ago. They contain our shoe mess beautifully.  Now I just need to paint or dye some new curtains to go over the washer and dryer, and make a rug to match.

I like making things for our home. I like making things for our children.  
I'm grateful that I'm able to stay home with these hooligans and spend my days trying to raise them right.

The paperwhites are pushing flowers out of the pods and the children can't wait to show Scott when he gets home. 
Our morning work is done and I'm looking forward to the pot of beans that's warming on the stove.

I'm a lucky, lucky woman to have been blessed with such a wonderful husband who takes such great care of us AND lets me paint the kitchen pink and orange.  And wouldn't care if I repainted it tomorrow in blues and greens. He helps me with anything I need, and tries to do whatever I want. He's patient, kind, and hardworking. I can't wait until he walks through the door every evening.:o)

Throw good food, amazing children, jeeps, and the great outdoors into the mix and I'm left feeling like I have a good start on the recipe for a lovely life.

It's a good feeling.



 

No comments: