Sunday, November 8, 2009

Spinning Bliss



Rainbow Merino/Silk before plying.
         


I had a lot of fun today. As soon as I opened the package I knew that I would go crazy if I didn't get to the spinning wheel soon. I managed to calm myself by debating the pros and cons of the different methods that I could use with it. :o) I finally decided to spin for gradient, and my son Tyler thought that it would be best to go ahead and ply without care. I really like the result. I haven't decided which pattern I'm going to use. I think that a cowl will be the perfect fit for this yarn.

 I was actually scared to begin spinning it. That familiar fear that works hard to keep me from trying. This roving was so beautiful that even though it inspired the fear, it also conquered it.:o)

 I'm scared to gift my daughter with something so fine. I know that my novice attempts at the  spinning wheel  translate into a yarn that isn't as strong as it could be. She can be so hard on things, not that she's careless, she's just a busy 8 year old. She loves beautiful things though, and so far she's worked really hard to care for anything I've made her.

I will decide on a pattern and begin tonight. I hope to be almost finished when WIP Wednesday comes around.;o)


Finished Yarn waiting for Auri's new Cowl.


No comments: