Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Preparations....


Tyler building fence.....
Under his supervisor's watchful eye.

Tomorrow morning I head out to Paris, Texas to pick up our sweet new goats. I'm so happy that this is all coming together.:o)

I'd be happier if the whole thing was built and all I had to do was take care of the goats, but I know it won't be long. We picked up some panels for a temporary pen today and the boys made short work of them.....thanks mostly to my brilliant husband who used zip ties to hold the fence together. 
I'm not sure I'll ever build fence without a pocketful of the handy things again. 

I should have sweet pictures of the darling babies and their mamas for you tomorrow evening. Unless the day gets away from me again. It seems like that has happened a lot lately.

 I got my Ashford shipment in yesterday and I've spent all of my spare time beeswaxing wheels and putting them together. 
Well, maybe not ALL of my spare time.

I DID find time to process some Alpaca from River Ridge and spin it up. Not much, just enough to learn that the drum carder is a zillion times easier than the hand carders and that I love the Ashford Traditional. Not that I'm knockin' the Kiwi. I guess I was just afraid that it would be hard to spin on a different wheel. But it wasn't. It was a dream.:o)
My works in progress are a bit different from usual, but until I get this dairy up and running I don't seem to find quite as much time with my needles.

I'm desperate for a lacy cowl out of the pretty blue organic yarn.

I mean, I need to test it out, right?


1 comment:

the sleepy time gal said...

what an incredible life. so rich with LIFE. happy to have found your blog.