Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kiska's Vest

 
 Rainbow Dyed

Last week I knew I had to get started on a vest for Kissy. She watched me make Ronan's vest and was sad sad sad that it wasn't for her. When we put it on him she looked at me and said, "Now you have to make MY heart warm like Ronan." How could I refuse that? I wanted to tell her that she would get one for Christmas, but not only does that kill the suprise, she's only 3 and doesn't quite get waiting like that.:o)

I didn't like how wide the shoulders are on Ronan's vest. I tried to make my own pattern for the first time and it went about as well as one could expect. I adapted his from Georgie Hallam's Rainbow Dress pattern that I bought for Kiska's birthday dress a couple of years ago. Back then I think it was the only pattern Georgie Hallam had out on Ravelry. Now she has tons! I'd seen a lot of Milo's which is what I was shooting for with Ronan's. But then I saw Eden's Adam and thought that the straps looked closer together. 
 
 Auriana has already placed the leftovers in her basket.

I don't know if the straps actually ARE closer together, but I do like this pattern. It has a nice fit, and I like the underarm detail. I'm going to make Ronan and Kiska each one for Christmas, and hopefully one for Auriana too. 

(Somehow, I don't think Tyler would appreciate one, even if they came in his size.)

But until then, Kissy has her wooly goodness. 

Oh, I'm also not thrilled with how it patterned. I think this yarn would have been much nicer in a pair of socks. It doesn't really matter what I think though. Kiska loves the pattern and Ronan has requested that I make him a rainbow one too.:o)

That's the nice thing about knitting for children. They don't see the places I messed up. They aren't critical of my color choices. They just see that I spent a few days making something just for them.
And I get to see them wearing my time and love.

Kiska in her "sweater for ME!"

No comments: