Saturday, November 20, 2010

What I've been up to...


I finally took the leap. The siren song of the Alley Cat Collective was too loud to ignore any longer. I'm SO excited! 
The Alley Cat Collective is the lovely project of Julie Ressell, the owner of Three Dog Books in downtown Wichita Falls.  When I first walked into her shop I was both captivated and insanely jealous.:o) I HAD been hoping to open a yarn and toy store downtown within the next year but she beat me to it.:o) I was ready to cry. Until she told me about the craft collective she was starting. 

So let me get this straight....I can pay you a commission or booth rental....get to sell my stuff and teach in an awesome space......but not have any real responsibility? Hey, I think I kinda like the sound of that!

It's taken me a long while to get up the confidence to offer classes. It's strange when I think about that, because I teach all the time.

I have several things I'm working on for the Collective and my new etsy shop. I'll get pictures to post over the next few days.

So watch out Wichita Falls!! The Wild and Wooly Waldorf Woman has come to lazure the town!

Or Something.:o)

Kettle Dyed I put in the shop yesterday.


3 comments:

showard said...

I am so proud and happy
that you found the perfect store with a wonderful owner to start your business. You will offer this town some of the best made and most beautiful hand worked
crafts and gifts they have ever seen and your
classes will be a hit and grow i know.
Love you lots and always
will have your back.
KSH

umbrellalady said...

That is so wonderful - all the perks without all the extra work! Nice! Good luck on you new venture.

Kara said...

I can't wait to meet you and take one of your classes!