Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kissy's Chickens


Kiska's livestock.

When we moved out to the farm last year I was thrilled to have chickens. I've wanted chickens for at least 10 years, and these were the sweetest bunch I've ever seen. They would follow us around like dogs and let the children pet them.

The official Chicken Wrangler.


Kissy was responsible for helping the chickies move on from their safety zone to search for yummies in the grass. After she finished loving on them she would walk towards them yelling, "Shoo schickies!!! Gone now! Shood to deet!" (She was only 1, give her a break...lol.)

She wasn't always effective, but she was always entertained.

2 comments:

Charlotte Scott said...

I just popped in from Maehegirl (I can't imagine what she's going through right now) and I needed to say that you have a lovely little blog and very sweet children.

Tonya Gunn said...

Oh, we just love our chickens too.. especially our youngest daughter.
Warm wishes and joy, Tonya