Monday, November 23, 2009

Zarathustra



Zarathustra and the Flame which signifies the purity of Ahura Mazda



Today we have entered into a study of Zarathustra. Interesting stuff and I'm enjoying the way Tyler is picking out the similarities to Jesus on his own. It's fun for me to see him learn how many different cultures have their own stories for things.

I have once again been taught the lesson of preparation. I didn't realize how little I knew about this subject until I sat down to present it. Yikes! I have got to get ahead of the curve at some point. I'm working hard to not get to down on myself though because I can see the progress I've made. I can see the progress the children are making.

The curriculum is so beautifully designed, but I find myself lacking again and again. I hate not knowing how to proceed. The indecision about what to draw would make me crazy if I let it. I wish there were a book of chalkboard drawings through the grades or something. I am renewing my commitment to find a way to get the teacher training.

These children deserve the best I can give them.

No comments: