Friday, November 13, 2009

Joie de Vivre!




I love watching my children play. It always involves movement. My children do take quiet times, although most people who know them would never believe it. The quiet moments are cherished by me, but I don't think they are as memorable as the loud wildness that is usually evident.

 

I love how busy they are. How lively. They are always jumping or dancing, climbing or singing, talking or shouting.




It's sometimes hard to keep up with that. There are times when I forget how very, very special it is that I have such wonderful little people who want me to watch them embrace life. Ronan is excellent at reminding me. He will take my chin in his hand and turn me around to face him before he'll speak to me. That's a pretty obvious message that I need to put away whatever I've been focusing on and bring my attention to what matters.

Their eyes sparkle when I'm watching. There is something about them that changes slightly when they know that I'm enjoying their lives with them. 

They are amazing, and I'm grateful that I'm a part of it.








No comments: