Saturday, January 21, 2012

Life, Love, and Woolie Tragedy


Kara loves her "new hat"


We have now managed to felt two pairs of ruskovilla wooly pants, one ruskovilla wool/silk shirt, and this gnome hat.

The woolies were bad enough, but I seriously almost cried when this hat came out of the washer.
I spent 17 hours making this hat!

It survived almost 3 years in this household...which is like saying a person lived to be 147.

I'm trying to work up the gumption to cast on hats for the littles. But first I have to get the sweater that I've been working on for over a year OFF MY NEEDLES. 


This should have been a 12-14 hour knit.


I have been on a sad craft free spree lately. 
It's amazing how much energy comes from creating. It can absolutely power an entire day. Seeing your children living in clothing that you've made with your own hands out of a ball of string is such a boost that it just help keep you going. It allows you to see promise everywhere you look.

It's amazing how much energy it takes to create. When something happens that knocks you out of that cycle of "Yay! look what I made!.....Yay! I'm gonna make some more!" it's seems impossible to get back into it.

But I'm all about the impossible. ;o)

4oz of yarn that took me 50 years to get off my wheel.

By September of last year I was completely useless. The relentless heat was a nightmare.  I was watching my dream go up in flames as if it were the bone dry Texas countryside ignited by a careless spark. That tossed me into a deep depression that I'm only just now pulling out of. 

I am working on accepting that this summer may very well be the same as the last. 
I'm hoping that if it is, it doesn't affect me in such an extreme way.
I'm trying to find my way back to the things I love.
I'm not worried though.


Because I know that when you Work, Try, Accept, and above all Hope....then you're already living the dream even if it doesn't always feel like it.


Am I thrilled that Kara has a new hat? 
No, but the children are.
Happy Creating!!


 




No comments: